So many tangles in life are ultimately hopeless that we have no appropriate sword other than laughter. ~Gordon W. Allport

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Flamingo Fluff

Based on the title of this post, I know you are expecting a joke about my weight. Well instead, I am going to help you become fluffy too! This is a recipe my mama found somewhere, probably in a magazine or newspaper. It has become a tradition in our family. For many years, it was simply known as Pink Stuff. Several years ago, with the "birth" of the Flamingo Sisters, we decided to rename it Flamingo Fluff. No matter what name it goes by, this stuff is GOOD! You can use sugar-free jello, fat free sour cream & cottage cheese and substitute low fat Cool Whip if it makes you feel better about it. Either way, it will still be good. It is pretty enough to be on your holiday table and light and cool enough to be served at a summertime get together.

Flamingo Fluff

1 large can crushed pineapple
1 large or 2 small packages strawberry jello
1 cup cottage cheese
1 8 oz sour cream
1 12 oz Cool Whip
1/2 cup chopped pecans (walnuts may be substituted)
1/2 cup flaked coconut

Put the pineapple in a saucepan. Stir in the jello. Warm until the jello has dissolved.
Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Add remaining ingredients. Stir gently. Chill.

It works beautifully in a mold, I use the old Tupperware standard. However, it is just as lovely in a trifle bowl or a beautiful piece of milk glass, which I have plenty of if someone wants to buy some. (Tee Hee...I joke that my milk glass breeds in captivity.)

No comments: